Adjustable Box Wool Picker
The Original Busy Butler wool picker re-designed. Now adjustable! Perfect for all types of fiber.
Made from unfinished Poplar wood to offer the lowest price possible at the highest quality. Finally, an inexpensive box picker that can be efficiently used for all types of fiber!
This wool picker is perfect to take along with you wherever you go.
The "Busy Butler" will cut down those long hours spent trying to pick the wool by hand.
When you are ready to use, simply unclasp the slider and fold the latches down inside the picker.
As you pick the wool, it will automatically deposit it out the back through a handy slot built into the back of the picker, and right into the container, or bag you have ready to catch your fluffy fiber!
How does the Busy Butler out-perform other pickers?
- Easy to use! Includes instruction manual with easy to follow diagrams helps you get started adjusting the picker and picking fiber!
- Excellent option for all fiber types, from fine to coarse and everywhere in-between due to its hassle-free adjustable design.
- No tools required for adjustments. Simply rotate the knobs on top to change aggressiveness!
- When you're through using your picker, simply fold up the Busy Butler's two safety boards and latch them to the slider.
- Safe. No need to put your hands near the points on this picker! Slider latches securely to the picker with safety boards, and folds down out of the way when you're ready to use!
- The Busy Butler contains 136 sharpened points, with a picking area of 8 3/4" long and 6" wide.
- Made from poplar hardwood.
- Stays put. Equipped with screw-on rubber feet, your picker won't keep moving around the table while you’re using it.
- 4 3/4" tall, (Not including handle), 27" long, and 9 1/2" wide.
- Ships free to the lower 48 states.
- See Instruction Manual
I’m so glad that I got the wool picker - it’s an amazing little tool that saves me a lot of time, energy and pain in my hands (due to arthritis). I definitely recommend it to anyone who is processing a fleece. Thanks Bam Fiber!
I find it very useful and happy to have found one for a good price.
I enjoy buying washed locks/fleece that I can card and spin. This wool picker is so easy and fun to use. A friend had this box picker and I was able to use it before I bought mine. I was really impressed with how easy and fast this is! Sometimes I hand card after sometimes I just spin up the fluff. Definitely very happy with this picker.
This was exactly what we needed to speed up and improve our small scale needs from our flock of Icelandic sheep.
The principal of every box picker is the same, but the extras in this design make it a much nicer tool! First of all it's made of mostly good quality solid wood! The tines are really nice and sharp so they do a good job of going through and opening up your fleece without tearing it or being to harsh. The other nice feature is being able to adjust how far apart the top and bottom tines are, this makes it suitable for any wool, even fine fleece! The open exit side makes it really convenient to just keep adding locks as the open ones are ejected, and the opening for clean out is brilliant. The idea is to help remove some VM, not pick up stuff left behind by a previous fleece, and having these features that help keep it clean are really nice. Lastly I've never seen another picker you could latch closed! This makes storage easier because you can put something on top and not worry about it getting stabbed and it's also a good security feature for anyone with small kids or pets. When I ordered for some reason the system didn't generate me a receipt so I sent an email which was promptly replied to! I am glad I chose to purchase this because it makes preparing my fiber for carding go SO much faster, I could probably just spin from the fluff that comes out of the picker too! If you like to buy raw fleece and prep it yourself then I would absolutely recommend adding this tool to your line up, it's definitely worth it for the price, it makes prep easier and quicker. I was actually able to open up a partially felted fleece with this and make some beautiful usable fiber! So this picker gets full stars from me!
We Also Recommend