Wool Picker - Mini Collapsible Swing Picker
Well-designed picking pattern makes it an excellent option for all types of fiber. Effortlessly adjusts to your preferred aggressiveness in seconds. Picking wool is easy as the rocker swings on sealed ball bearings. A few advantages of the Fainting Maid vs. other pickers is it’s considerably faster and less strenuous to use compared to miniature bench pickers, and yet it’s not nearly as large and hard to move and store as a full-sized swing picker. It's collapsible! The “Fainting Maid” folds down making it easy to transport, or you can store it by putting it up on a shelf or sliding it under your bed.
How does the Fainting Maid out-perform other pickers?
- Easily adjusts to your own specifications! Simply loosen the two wing nuts on each side of the picker and rotate the two knobs on top. No tools required.
- Excellent option for all fiber types, from fine to coarse and everywhere in-between due to its hassle-free adjustable design.
- Made from cherry wood and finished with hand rubbed Danish Oil finish.
- Easy to store. Collapses in seconds, making easy to store and transport. Slide it under the bed, or put it up on a shelf.
- Quality rubber feet keep it from moving around during use.
- Swings on sealed bearings, for an exceptionally smooth picking experience.
- Raising and collapsing the picker is a breeze with detailed, fully illustrated instructions. No tools required.
- 21” tall, 19 ½” long, and 13” wide (including knobs).
- Picking Area 9" long x 6" wide.
- Contains 182 sharpened points.
- Ships fully assembled in the collapsed position.
- Fully illustrated Instruction Manual .
- Check out our Etsy shop and reviews.
LOVE the fainting swing picker, sits on the table, portable, just the right size, does awesome picking of wool/fleece. I am Very satisfied I bought this, makes picking so fast! Quick shipping also to Alberta, Canada. Thank You Bam Fiber Works!
Small in size but this picker goes through a fleece in not much time at all. The adjustable height makes it work for a wide verity of fleece. It also works well for blending my dyed fibers. It will in my studio for a long time. I produce a fiber content YouTube Channel and this will definitely make its way into a few videos.
I am so impressed with this wonderful tool. Perfect size for hobby spinners who have access to a few fleeses to process a year or two share with friends. Thank you so much.
I was able to pick an entire clean Hampshire fleece with the picker. I love it. Well built. Sturdy. Beautiful. Definitely heirloom quality!
Not every adult learner learns by reading. Would like a link to a how to operate video.
We Also Recommend