Adjustable Box Wool Picker
The Original Busy Butler wool picker re-designed. Now adjustable! Perfect for all types of fiber.
Made from unfinished Poplar wood to offer the lowest price possible at the highest quality. Finally, an inexpensive box picker that can be efficiently used for all types of fiber!
This wool picker is perfect to take along with you wherever you go.
The "Busy Butler" will cut down those long hours spent trying to pick the wool by hand.
When you are ready to use, simply unclasp the slider and fold the latches down inside the picker.
As you pick the wool, it will automatically deposit it out the back through a handy slot built into the back of the picker, and right into the container, or bag you have ready to catch your fluffy fiber!
How does the Busy Butler out-perform other pickers?
- Easy to use! Includes instruction manual with easy to follow diagrams helps you get started adjusting the picker and picking fiber!
- Excellent option for all fiber types, from fine to coarse and everywhere in-between due to its hassle-free adjustable design.
- No tools required for adjustments. Simply rotate the knobs on top to change aggressiveness!
- When you're through using your picker, simply fold up the Busy Butler's two safety boards and latch them to the slider.
- Safe. No need to put your hands near the points on this picker! Slider latches securely to the picker with safety boards, and folds down out of the way when you're ready to use!
- The Busy Butler contains 136 sharpened points, with a picking area of 8 3/4" long and 6" wide.
- Made from poplar hardwood.
- Stays put. Equipped with screw-on rubber feet, your picker won't keep moving around the table while you’re using it.
- 4 3/4" tall, (Not including handle), 27" long, and 9 1/2" wide.
- Ships free to the lower 48 states.
- See Instruction Manual
I’ve waited ages to find the right picker. I’ve been without one for years because none seemed to be crafted with the care I was looking for.
I look for and have collected only the tools that I feel comfortable with and inspire me to work.
Desperately searching again on the internet lately, I stumbled upon the “busy butler.”
It is my christmas present to myself.
I definitely got it right.
It’s a vision to behold, so well crafted and cleverly constructed. The “feel” of the wood is comforting. And the action while working with it is like butter.
This lovely picker should cost more ( I can say that now that I have one) But really it’s pretty obvious when viewing the photos.
I take my prep tools seriously because I enjoy the process, but previous to finding my new picker I lacked the last necessary element.
I’m really elated with my beautiful new tool and wish I’d found it long ago, but,
better late than never! Thanks so much Baruch!!
I needed this! I was at a class on prep equipment and encountered my first picker. Right then a light went on and I knew that, above all, I needed one. But I wasn't crazy about the swinging business so I researched and found out about box pickers. While shopping, I found this one and boy am I glad I did! It worked great just out of the box, and with a little fiddling with the adjustments, I picked in one session about 4 ounces of packed alpaca fiber I'd washed years ago and never got to. With a bit of soap the slider works smoothly. It cleans up easily with a dust buster and it's easy to secure. I can move it when not in use--it shares table space with a drum carder. It's light and easy to secure and move. Just follow the directions and enjoy!
I got this for Christmas. "What can I get you? What can I get you?"
It was only days till Christmas. Never expected to see it here so fast but it was here 2 or 3 days after we ordered it. Very well packaged. I took it out and rubbed it down with my favorite wood oil and soaped up the slider. It works fabulously well. It doesn't look particularly fast or efficient when watching the videos but IRL, it's such a fun activity! I just kept sliding the box and adding fiber and after a while I checked and my basket was billowing with fluffy goodness!
I love that it's adjustable, and I love the size of it because I don't have a lot of extra space for my toys but this will actually free up space for me as it will help me process the bags of fleece I've acquired. I also really love the safety locks.
I absolutely LOVE my new picker!!!
Very well built. Will do the job for many years. Wonderful Wool Picker.
Works well! This is my first try.
We Also Recommend