3 Row Super Fine Wool Combs w/Holder for Super Fine Fibers
These combs are designed for those fleeces with fine, thin, small, slippery, locks. Fibers like Angora rabbit, Pygora, especially fine Suri Alpaca and similar. Our Super Fine Combs are made with thinner pins than the rest of our combs and have 3 rows instead of the standard double row. This helps the combs hold onto those thinner fibers that slip through the pins of the the extra fine combs. They will fit perfectly in ANY Bam Fiber Works comb holder. The working area of this comb is 2 7/8" wide.
For help selecting the right combs check our our easy guide and comparison of all our combs below.
Included is: A pair of Triple Row (3 pitch) Super Fine Wool Combs, Comb Holder, 2 Clamps and our optional Original Magnetic Comb Caps.
What makes our combs special?
- Smooth Points won't snag on your fiber.
- A long taper is very important to easily penetrate the fiber instead of pushing it out of the way. Each pin is professionally made in an 8 step process for the highest quality tines.
- Sharp, but not too sharp. A micro beveled tip on the points keep them sharp but not too sharp. Needle sharp points are dangerous to use, and easily bend the very tips if dropped.
- Sturdy Tines. Not all Stainless steel is created equal. There are a variety of Stainless-steel grades with varying strengths and weaknesses. We use the stronger options for the superior combing experience.
- Comfortable to hold and use. Ergonomic, one-piece hardwood handle feels natural in your hand.
- Handcrafted in the USA from Cherry, sanded smooth, and finished with hand rubbed Danish Oil Finish.
- Lightweight. The tines are 3 1/8 inches by 2 7/8 inch wide. Larger than our mini combs but slightly smaller than our Regular combs.
- Cork Pads on holder and Clamps grips your table, and won't leave scratches.
- With special thanks to Susan Mcfarland (Author of Combs Combs Combs) for her expert advice, feedback, and input throughout the designing process.
- One system for all our combs and hackles. With our redesigned holder all our Combing supplies all share the same holder and clamps so they work flawlessly with each other. The new clamps in our redesigned holder can be used interchangeably with our Hackles as well.
Now with (Optional) Magnetic Comb Caps!
- Quick and easy to install and use. These comb covers snap on and off in a second.
- Holds firmly to the comb with a strong magnet. No need to worry about the cap falling off as you carry them around.
- You can install the cap while the Comb is full of fiber. Only covers the sharp points while leaving the rest of the comb open. If you need to set a full comb down you can clip on a cap until you have a chance to diz off your fiber.
What Combs do I need. Fine? Extra Fine? Super Fine?
Each comb has its own purpose. I recommend starting with the combs you will use most often and add to your collection as you need.
Fine: Perfect for most medium fibers like Romney, Suffolk, Shetland, Blue-face Leicester, and similar fibers . The tines are set approx. ¼” apart.
Extra Fine: Perfect for most finer fibers like Alpaca, Merino, Rambouillet and similar fibers. If your locks are very thin and tightly crimped you may need these combs to hold the fiber better than the Fines. The tines spaced approx. 3/16” apart.
Super Fine: (or Ultra Fine) These combs are designed for those fleeces with fine, thin, small, slippery, locks. Fibers like Angora rabbit, Pygora, especially fine Suri Alpaca and similar. Our Super Fine Combs are made with thinner pins than the rest of our combs and have 3 rows instead of the standard double row. This helps the combs hold onto those thinner fibers that slip through the pins of the the extra fine combs. The working area of this comb is 2 7/8" wide.
Single or Double Row?
Double Row: (Also known as 2 pitch) This is the most common and versatile comb. Double row combs help separate out the shorter fibers and second cuts from the longer stronger fibers. The unwanted waste will be left in the small space between the front and back row.
Single Row: (Also known a single pitch) These are very useful for blending double coated fleeces, or any time you want to keep all the fiber together.
Mini, Regular or Large Combs? What's the difference?
Note: These terms refer to the actual size of the combs.(Not the tine spacing) In any of these options, you can purchase them in Fine, or Extra Fine, Single or Double Row. (see above) This listing is for our Super Fine Combs, which is a specialty comb. It's size is slightly smaller than our 'Regular' comb, but larger than our 'Mini' It fits perfectly in any of our Comb Holders.
Mini Combs: These are our smallest, lightest weight combs. Perfect for doing small batches of fiber. When you first hold one you will be instantly in love with it! It's small size makes it easier on your wrists, arms and shoulders than larger/heavier combs. They will fit perfectly in any Bam Fiber Works comb holder. The working area of this comb is 2 1/2" wide.
Regular Combs: These are our most popular combs. If you are unsure what you need, go for this one. You won't be disappointed. Designed for the best balance between size and weight They will fit perfectly in any Bam Fiber Works comb holder. The working area of this comb is 3 1/4" wide.
Large Combs: These are our Largest basic combs. If you want to be able to comb more at a time this is the option for you! A slightly longer handle than our Mini and Regular combs with a larger working area. We redesigned our holder to fit these combs as well as our other combs. If you already own one of our holders make sure it has our logo stamped on it to ensure you have the redesigned holder! The working area of this comb is 4" wide.
A little about us...
All our combs and hackles are designed and handcrafted in our woodshop on our small farm in Central KY. I guarantee you will be absolutely 100% happy with your purchase. I try to offer the absolute best customer service possible with free returns for any reason. (Even if you accidentally order the wrong size or type!)
Questions? I would love to help!
Bam Fiber Works
We Also Recommend