Wool Combs w/Holder- Smooth Points - Stainless Steel Tines - Cherry Wood
Smooth points, stainless steel tines, and crafted from cherry wood with a Danish oil finish. These combs are your perfect go-to. Available in Fine and Extra fine, there’s an option for all fiber types.
Included is: A set of wool combs (Choose fine or Extra fine), Comb Holder, and 2 Table Clamps.
What makes our combs special?
- Smooth points won’t catch on your fiber. The points on these combs are silky smooth with a long taper to allow them to slide through your fiber without catching.
- Sharp, but not too sharp. We apply a micro tip bevel on the points to keep them from being too sharp but allowing them to penetrate your fiber smoothly. Needle sharp points are unnecessary and dangerous to use.
- Won’t rust. Our tines are made from sturdy stainless steel, if you need to spritz your fiber with a little water to keep the static down, you won’t have to worry about rusting the points.
- Comfortable to hold and use. Ergonomic, smooth, one-piece handle feels natural in your hand.
- Beautiful. Made from cherry hardwood and finished with hand rubbed Danish Oil Finish.
- Made in the USA
- Lightweight. The tines are 3.25 inch by 4 inch perfectly balancing weight and working area.
- Available in two sizes:
Fine: Perfect for medium fibers. The tines are set approx. ¼” apart.
Extra Fine: Perfect for finer fibers. The tines spaced approx. 3/16” apart.
- Ships free to the lower 48 States.
- The included wool comb pad can be clamped or screwed to a table to hold one comb stationary while you work the fiber with the free comb.
- Made from Cherry Wood and finished with Danish Oil Finish.
- Handy Knob adds extra stability to the comb during use.
- A comb holder makes easy work of pulling fiber off the comb using a diz, or by hand.
- The table clamps can grip to a surface 2 ½” or thinner. Table or counter MUST have a square edge to clamp from the front. If the surface you are clamping to has a beveled edge, you will need to clamp it to the corner for a proper hold.
- With special thanks to Susan McFarland for her expert advice, feedback, and input throughout the designing process.
I got them as a Christmas gift and couldn't be happier! They are solid and seem to be very well made! Thank you to you and Santa. 😉
Very nice single row combs. Shipping took a while, but I'm happy anyway.
These combs are nicely made with a smooth, but not polished, finish. The wood still feels natural and a little rough, but not splintery. The tines are sharp enough without being too sharp--they don't break the skin quickly like another brand I've used. The tines are also less shiny and not as smooth as others, but they do not snag the wool and they hold their place and do not bend easily. I like that the tines are close to the edge of the wood. This makes it easier to comb without accidentally stabbing the wood with the opposing comb.
The flat handle stays in place on the holder pad, but is not as comfortable in the hand as the round handles in other combs. Still, they are not uncomfortable, either.
I love the cork on the bottom of the holder. It keeps the pad from slipping under the tension of pulling wool off the comb. If my work table had square corners (mine is a rectangular octagon), I would purchase a third clamp so that the pad wouldn't tip forward under combing tension. It doesn't do it often, though.
I do wish a protective tine cover were available for one comb to match the one on the hackle. This would allow me to leave the comb set up in the holder next to the hackle with less worry about children and injury from the sharp tines.
I bought this set because I was frustrated with the clamp system on my other brand. These clamps work beautifully and hold securely. They are even set back so they do not get in the way of combing.
If you are looking for a quality tool that will do the job at an affordable price, this may be the comb and holder set for you.
Thanks to Bam Fiberworks for making beautiful tools.
The wool combs and holder is just what I wanted. Was as described and more..
These combs met all of my expectations and then some! Quality components, great craftsmanship, and an excellent value. They shipped so quickly and arrived packaged with protection in mind. A matching hackle is going on my Christmas wishlist for sure! Thank you!
We Also Recommend