Wool Picker - Mini Collapsible Swing Picker
Well-designed picking pattern makes it an excellent option for all types of fiber. Effortlessly adjusts to your preferred aggressiveness in seconds. Picking wool is easy as the rocker swings on sealed ball bearings. A few advantages of the Fainting Maid vs. other pickers is it’s considerably faster and less strenuous to use compared to miniature bench pickers, and yet it’s not nearly as large and hard to move and store as a full-sized swing picker. It's collapsible! The “Fainting Maid” folds down making it easy to transport, or you can store it by putting it up on a shelf or sliding it under your bed.
How does the Fainting Maid out-perform other pickers?
- Easily adjusts to your own specifications! Simply loosen the two wing nuts on each side of the picker and rotate the two knobs on top. No tools required.
- Excellent option for all fiber types, from fine to coarse and everywhere in-between due to its hassle-free adjustable design.
- Made from cherry wood and finished with hand rubbed Danish Oil finish.
- Easy to store. Collapses in seconds, making easy to store and transport. Slide it under the bed, or put it up on a shelf.
- Quality rubber feet keep it from moving around during use.
- Swings on sealed bearings, for an exceptionally smooth picking experience.
- Raising and collapsing the picker is a breeze with detailed, fully illustrated instructions. No tools required.
- 21” tall, 19 ½” long, and 13” wide (including knobs).
- Picking Area 9" long x 6" wide.
- Contains 182 sharpened points.
- Ships fully assembled in the collapsed position.
- Fully illustrated Instruction Manual .
- Check out our Etsy shop and reviews.
Not every adult learner learns by reading. Would like a link to a how to operate video.
I am so excited to get this! Already worked through some fleece and it works wonderfully! Beautiful workmanship to be admired.. and the function is great! Stowes away easily and nicely when not in use. It is a great product at a great price. I have to give a thumbs up on shipping as well. It literally came 3 days after I ordered it and it was packaged up VERY well. Secure and padded in the box. Thank you!
Perfect size that can be tucked away between fleeces! Don't let the "mini" tag fool you. She can do a lot of fleece. Baruch is a wonderful communicator and a delight to speak to with all my questions before and during my purchase. Would highly recommend the picker, and so happy to have her part of our farm processing.
I buy a couple of fleeces a year and this is perfect for processing that fleece. Not only that, but I dye a lot of locks, and some of my customers want them picked for easy core spinning and adding to batts. The Mini is perfect! And actually does a very quick job of a fleece! And oh, so fun to use!
I am an apartment dweller and have been coveting the Fainting Maid for a year now. I have her and my biggest problem is deciding on name!
We Also Recommend